Friday, March 21, 2008

I Heart Dustyn

I had a date tonight with my sister. We've never done anything together just the two of us. At least not since she was older. Is it because we don't get along? On the contrary! I adore her. Our situation is just a little unusual.
  • I was 16 when she was born. She was 11 when Sophie was born. She's closer in age to my children.
  • I left for college before she was two.
  • We've never really looked alike. That may not seem like much, but sisters like to resemble each other, usually.
  • Up to this point, she's felt more like a favorite niece or a cousin.

Tonight, though, we had the best time. We laughed, she made fun of me (in that way only 15 year olds can), we bought shoes. On the whole, it was fabulous. I felt younger; I think she felt older. And we definitely felt like sisters.

5 comments:

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Oh, wow, she is beautiful!! I can't believe she is 15 already. We are getting old, Danna! She looks so much like Danny to me. Great picture of both of you!

Jamie

Kim said...

So sweet! So glad you had some good sister bonding!

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe how she has grown up! I am so glad we have reconnected! I have missed you, Dana Strokes!

Polly said...

What color shoes did you buy? :)

Stephanie said...

Wow! I didn't know you had a preschool aged sister when we were in school! Loved the pic of the two of you together!