Monday, October 27, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
- My friendly friend Heather, who lent me some equipment this past weekend. I especially appreciate it since she did all of this from her death bed .....
- Chris and Polly Harrell, who graciously changed our small group from 4:30 to 7 so that we Ramseys and the Winters could attend.
- I actually marked off all of the things on my work to-do list for the day. Woo hoo!
- Visiting with J. Box today. It's just never boring. :)
- Eliza has a bad case of diaper rash, but she didn't scream in the bath tub.
- My new sweet cinnamon pumpkin hand soap.
- I finally got my fall/winter clothes down from the attic. Okay, so I still wore jeans and a t-shirt today, but at least now I have options.
- Dora's halloween dvd, so I could cook supper in relative peace.
- We are having beans and corn bread for supper tomorrow night. And fried potatoes.
- All the encouragement I have received the last few days. May God bless you all as you have blessed me!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Here is my delimma - I have a booth. Which means .... I have to set up said booth. Those of you who know me, know that this is my greatest nightmare. I have NO INNER VISION. Never give me a blank canvas, people.
Here is what I have to work with:
some tall things that look like the sides of crates (courtesy of Mrs. A. Barrett)
Aaaaannnnnnnndddd ....... that's it.
Help! What should I do? IF this were you, how would you set it up? I have about 15-20 dresses to show, and I need to display my book of work and take orders.
IF this sounds like so much fun to you, we can have a date! Meet me at Highland Drive Baptist Church on Friday at 5:30, and we can knock this out and then I will pay for your supper. WOOO HOOO!
I'm a little desperate, folks.
Oh, and sorry for saying "ain't", Mom!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
- New friend (Cara) who watched my littlest one today.
- I have now completed phase 2 of Danna's Teeth Make-over.
- The lipstick that Maddie smeared all over her face this morning came off easily. (did I mention it was picture day?)
- Running with Ashleigh. It is quite possible that we do more chatting than anything else, but fortunately - she is one of the most interesting people I know. And she talks more than I do. :)
- Finding super-cute shoes that Eliza will wear.
- Sophie wasn't feeling her best this morning, but still begged to go to school.
- I'm going to bed early tonight!
- Stop, Shop, and Stroll is this weekend!
- Eliza's love of spaghetti. Look! It's the great pumpkin!
- This election madness is almost over! Can I get an amen?
Friday, October 10, 2008
- Whack the backside of a sheep. ..........Check.
- Snarl in the class picture. ......................Check.
- Throw a bunny. .........................Okay, it was more of a toss, but - check.
Well done, Sophie! Sure, I wish you had petted the sheep, smiled in the picture, cuddled the bunny, but ...it's not easy checking off everything on a to-do list. Proud of you, girl! Glad you had fun! Maybe next year we won't scream and run away from the chickens ...
Oh yeah, you DID touch a sleeping pig!
Eliza had fun, too!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
- I love it when people say nice things about others when they aren't around.
- I love footprints. It's weird. Don't care.
- I love Eliza's new habit of backing up to Jeff and I and sitting on our feet.
- I love the dollar aisle at the Target.
- I love the ladies in our ladies' Bible study!
- I love it that some of my girlfriends can look like a million bucks just rolling out of bed. (but I still roll my eyes at them.)
- I love donuts for breakfast.
- I love Maddie's new enthusiasm for krunk (sp?) dancing. She has got some rad moves. :)
- I love it when my husband has the day off.
- I love new shampoo.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
- First thing I wrote on my to do list today was, "write to-do list".
- I base the success of my runs on how stinky I am when I get home.
- I love cream cheese so much, I have been known to lick the excess off the knife.
- I have a phobia about bugs in the sheets.
- After dropping off the girls today, I was buckling Baby Eliza into her seat and thinking about how we would turn her seat around soon .... and started crying. Right there in the First Pres. parking lot.
- I wish ... I had a fancy sewing machine.
- The pregnancies made me belly get poochy and my rear-end disappear.
Now I tag all you bloggers who say you have bloggers' block!
Dancing with the Poops "What exactly are you doing there, girls?" says Eliza.
Playing their new favorite game - "sleepover".
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Firstly (hmmm....is "firstly" a word? Maybe I should say first off or just a simple first. Why must I be so word-fancy? Now, where was I ....)
I was nominated for an award! I was nominated for an "I love your Blog Award" by my friend Julie. She's a dollface and so sweet for nominating me.
Now, I get to nominate four more! (This is sort of like a big "compliment tag".) It's difficult to just pick four, because I read every single one of the blogs on my blogroll when I get the time. Even though... I am a terrible commenter these days. Sorry, friends!
- First blog I read a lot was Sandi. Her blog is a lot of things - sometimes funny, sometimes informative ... I've even shed a tear reading it. (And I hate to cry!) It's just a pleasant little blog.
- Second one I'd like to nominate is Chandra. Our lives are totally different : she is the mother of one son - I have 3 girls; she lives right by NYC - I live in podunkville; she has good hair - you get the idea. But, despite all that, I think we might share a brain. (or at least a personality!)
- Third is my friend Andria. She posts just about every day. Sometimes it's really goofy stuff and sometimes it's calm and reflective. Just like she is. :)
- And fourth is Miss Kim. Just to read her "story" alone is worth a look at her blog. It's a good one, trust me!
And speaking of Miss Kim, mother of 3 Harrs, I won a fun game on her blog recently. It's the Pay It Forward game! The first 3 commenters on this post will receive something fun in the mail from me. Then, they will need to Pay It Forward themselves by posting and rewarding the first 3 commenters on their blogs! See, isn't that a fun little game?
Have a great day!