Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
- Cousins. My cousins, my kids' cousins, my cousin's kids, and so on, and so forth.
- Staying home with the young 'uns. Do I pinch pennies? Yes. Do I fuss that they drive me bananas? Um...yes. Do I go too long between hair-cuts and wear sweatpants way too often? Affirmative. Don't really care, I'm still happier than ever. :)
- That I was missed while we were gone. C'mon, doesn't it feel so good when someone says they missed you? It's like a hug.
- Our dryer works again.
- My husband's predictability. I knew he was going to say, "so when are we taking the tree down?" right after we opened the presents. He says it every year. It's comforting to me.
- Those little ramen cup-o-soups. The girls love them; I love them.
- My new planner from Anne. I am now praying for the wisdom to use the thing.
- Speaking of my sister-in-law, I am thankful for her. She blesses me.
- School and Mother's day out start next week! :)
- I got MAMMA MIA for Christmas!!!!!!!!!
Monday, December 29, 2008
Jace was liking the ladies. He kept giving them the eye and thought Sophie's tights were irrisistable.
And now, a few new classics:
Deck the holly with balls of toys...fa la la la la
Eliza Baby (this was a favorite, sung all day, every day)
And my favorite - We wish you a pinky toe.
I don't ask, because I'm afraid to know.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
- My husband. He stayed up all night last Wednesday, just a bleachin' and a scrubbin'.
- I lost 6 pounds last week. hee hee
- Hot chocolate
- My girls love of the Christmas movies. We have already watched Elf and the Polar Express at least half a dozen times this year. Christmas movies are just about the only movies I truly enjoy!
- Ink pens that actually work
- ponytail holders
- hand lotion from Bath and Body works. Right now I'm using some vanilla something-or-other, but what I really want is to use peppermint. Alas, I'm out!
- The Dave Ramsey Plan. Jeff and I are thinking about doing the 7 baby steps. Woo woo!
- Christmasy clothes on little kids. Can't get enough!
- fingernail polish remover
Monday, December 1, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Let me back up.
We are all packed and ready to go to Mountain View as soon as Jeff gets home from work on Wed. About 30 seconds before he walks in the door, Maddie hurls. And hurls some more. She has fever, so Jeff takes her to urgent care.
Turns out, she has an ear infection and we decide to drive to Mtn. View early in the morning.
Jeff leaves to get her medicine and about 30 seconds before he arrives home, Sophie hurls. Big time. Uh oh.
We get them settled in bed and an hour later we are changing the sheets. Put Mads in our bed and end up changing those sheets. Then we change their sheets again. Are you keeping up?
About 4:00, Sophie starts again, only now it's my turn. Now I am the sick one. There will be no trip to Mtn. View this Thanksgiving. And because we thought we would be traveling, there is no food in our house either. Thanksgiving dinner was chicken noodle soup and/or applesauce. Boo.
I feel like "The Woman Who Ruined Thanksgiving". Look for it on Lifetime sometime next year.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
- Mad's awesome teachers this year. They are just so good to my little girl it chokes me up.
- I get to see my Abby and Jude tomorrow!!!!! I miss those babies.
- And, I get to finally hold my youngest nephew, Gabriel. (formerly known as Ike. Long story.)
- The Wal-Mart wasn't all that busy tonight.
- We live close enough to our family that we can drive to visit them. I've got to stop taking this for granted!
- Hot chocolate. Ahhhhhhh........
- Barrett's funny little e-mail today. I needed it.
- Mom's health is improving! I'm so glad because she loves her some holidays and I was going to be super sad if she didn't feel good.
- Pull-ups at night time. You know, just in case.
- Black Friday is coming!!!!!!!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Today, I am thankful for:
- Ballet is over until January! It's fun! It's cute! It makes me have to get dressed on Mondays, which was previously known as stay-in-your-jammies-and-catch-up-on-laundry-all-day day. Woo woo, I get my Mondays back. Until January.
- Finished my alterations ahead of schedule. Now I can sew for ... you guessed it - funsies!
- This bowl of maple and brown sugar oatmeal that I am eating at 10:30 p.m. I felt like I was starving. (notice, Mom, I didn't say I was starving. My mom told me never to say that, folks.)
- My sweet husband who is snuggling a little girl with an earache on the couch right now. She looks content for the first time in about an hour.
- We had chicken tortilla soup (Jenny B's recipe) for supper tonight. There are never any leftovers!
- I don't have to pack lunches tomorrow. It's Thanksgiving feast day at the girls' school. (probably from Chik-fil-a. They love some chik-fil-a at the First Presbyterian Pre-School)
- Fuzzy socks.
- My kitchen is nice and clean. Even the floor is mopped!
- Clean sheets. It's clean sheets day. No bugs in there today!
- Jeff has a short work week. Hooray for him! One of these days, I'll have one of those ...
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Today, I am thankful for:
- My parents got to come to church with us this morning! They never get to because they are always teaching at the old Center Hill C of C (and refuse to ask people to fill in for them).
- I finished my last dress for 2008! From here on out I will only be smocking and sewing for funsies!!! Okay, at least through the holidays. And after I finish a couple of alterations. But then it's sewing for funsies!
- My girls all had on matching dresses at church this morning. This makes me so happy! Do boy moms do this?
- Speaking of boys, Maddie calls penguins - "bird-boys". Why is this on my thankful list, you ask? Hmmm... let me think ...well, she did say to Sophie, "hey, go stand by the bird-boy and I'll take your picture" and we laughed and laughed because a) we understood every word she said and b) she didn't have a camera. So, the answer is we laughed.
- We have our Christmas tree up! We didn't do a whole lot of decorating, because we don't have any entertaining to do at home this year. However, Eliza is loving what we have. She walks up to the tree and stops and just cracks up. It's hilarious to her parents. And probably her grandparents, too, if they saw it. The rest of you would probably think it was wierd.
- For the first time ever, we have Christmas lawn decorations! We finally put Lucy the scarecrow away and now have Lucy the penguin and Lucy the snowman. Currently they are sitting on our dining room table which makes it look very festive.
- We sang some great songs at church this morning. That's always my favorite part of worship. Sorry, Brother Jimmy.
- I ate an ENORMOUS waffle for lunch courtesy of Holiday Inn.
- I had a pretty good hair day from the front! So it was kind of lumpy in the back, who cares. :)
- I have a new Christmas c.d. - Chris Isaak. Fantastic.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Jeff has had an odd look in his eye ever since we heard that little bit of trivia on the news tonight.
I'm fairly certain I'll be getting paper and a pencil for Christmas this year.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
- My brother passed the bar!!!!!!!!! Way to go, Little Nekkid Danny!
- Courtney kept Eliza and they had a great time. (So I was told ...)
- I am now the proud owner of a fake tooth. hee hee (it will be Halloween every day from now on!)
- The leaves are gorgeous, finally. The girls have had the best time playing in them. They even dragged their old nap mats outside and tried to take their nap out there. (no pictures because they also decided that they were too hot and, um, stripped. Sigh, one day we really need to teach them some modesty.)
- We are going to see Nana and Papa and Uncle Greg tomorrow.
- I had time to blowdry my hair today! And then I put it into a ponytail.
- Talked to Jeff a lot during the day. We pretty much do this every day, and I am very thankful for this. It makes me happy. :)
- The election is over.
- The Holidays are here.
- There is chocolate in my house.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Currently, we are obsessed with ...
- Spookley the Square Pumpkin. I'd never even heard of "square pumpkin" before this year, but let me tell you - he is it on a stick around here.
- All things Tinkerbell, of course.
- Our Christmas Countdown on the computer! Sophie and I love us some Christmas Cheer and spent almost an hour on-line yesterday, looking at lawn decorations. We think we have it narrowed down to a sparkly snowman (my fave) or a penguin. Because nothing says "Christmas Cheer" like a penguin in your yard.
- Trying out new potato soup recipes. I found one that uses cream cheese instead of milk and it's our new favorite. Still not quite as good as Colton's, though!
- Making funny faces.
- Dum Dum suckers. Um, I do not share this obsession with my children.
- "Spicy" candles
- Eliza's new obsession - chocolate!
- These songs: Alien in My Nose, Pop Fly, Jump Up, Pollywog in a Bog, and... the Dora theme song. You can't beat the classics.
Shout out to Mrs. Harr. Can you tell what these are? Thanks for the little bit of joy you sent us!
And, finally, am I the only one glad that Halloween is over? We had way too many festivals and such this year! Jeff and I dressed up. He went as "Handsome Daddy of 3" and I went as "Mommy in Need of a Haircut". (which is an improvement over last year's "Puffy Lady Who Just Had a Baby")
One last photo. This was a non-Halloween-related fall activity. (and I say, "hallelujah" to that.)
Our Sunday School Class did a Hayride. It reminded me of the old function days, although instead of holding hands under a quilt, I was holding little girls who weren't so sure about this whole hayride business. Of course, they ended up LOVING IT. Really, who doesn't?
51 Days til Christmas!!!!!!!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
- My friendly friend Heather, who lent me some equipment this past weekend. I especially appreciate it since she did all of this from her death bed .....
- Chris and Polly Harrell, who graciously changed our small group from 4:30 to 7 so that we Ramseys and the Winters could attend.
- I actually marked off all of the things on my work to-do list for the day. Woo hoo!
- Visiting with J. Box today. It's just never boring. :)
- Eliza has a bad case of diaper rash, but she didn't scream in the bath tub.
- My new sweet cinnamon pumpkin hand soap.
- I finally got my fall/winter clothes down from the attic. Okay, so I still wore jeans and a t-shirt today, but at least now I have options.
- Dora's halloween dvd, so I could cook supper in relative peace.
- We are having beans and corn bread for supper tomorrow night. And fried potatoes.
- All the encouragement I have received the last few days. May God bless you all as you have blessed me!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Here is my delimma - I have a booth. Which means .... I have to set up said booth. Those of you who know me, know that this is my greatest nightmare. I have NO INNER VISION. Never give me a blank canvas, people.
Here is what I have to work with:
some tall things that look like the sides of crates (courtesy of Mrs. A. Barrett)
Aaaaannnnnnnndddd ....... that's it.
Help! What should I do? IF this were you, how would you set it up? I have about 15-20 dresses to show, and I need to display my book of work and take orders.
IF this sounds like so much fun to you, we can have a date! Meet me at Highland Drive Baptist Church on Friday at 5:30, and we can knock this out and then I will pay for your supper. WOOO HOOO!
I'm a little desperate, folks.
Oh, and sorry for saying "ain't", Mom!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
- New friend (Cara) who watched my littlest one today.
- I have now completed phase 2 of Danna's Teeth Make-over.
- The lipstick that Maddie smeared all over her face this morning came off easily. (did I mention it was picture day?)
- Running with Ashleigh. It is quite possible that we do more chatting than anything else, but fortunately - she is one of the most interesting people I know. And she talks more than I do. :)
- Finding super-cute shoes that Eliza will wear.
- Sophie wasn't feeling her best this morning, but still begged to go to school.
- I'm going to bed early tonight!
- Stop, Shop, and Stroll is this weekend!
- Eliza's love of spaghetti. Look! It's the great pumpkin!
- This election madness is almost over! Can I get an amen?
Friday, October 10, 2008
- Whack the backside of a sheep. ..........Check.
- Snarl in the class picture. ......................Check.
- Throw a bunny. .........................Okay, it was more of a toss, but - check.
Well done, Sophie! Sure, I wish you had petted the sheep, smiled in the picture, cuddled the bunny, but ...it's not easy checking off everything on a to-do list. Proud of you, girl! Glad you had fun! Maybe next year we won't scream and run away from the chickens ...
Oh yeah, you DID touch a sleeping pig!
Eliza had fun, too!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
- I love it when people say nice things about others when they aren't around.
- I love footprints. It's weird. Don't care.
- I love Eliza's new habit of backing up to Jeff and I and sitting on our feet.
- I love the dollar aisle at the Target.
- I love the ladies in our ladies' Bible study!
- I love it that some of my girlfriends can look like a million bucks just rolling out of bed. (but I still roll my eyes at them.)
- I love donuts for breakfast.
- I love Maddie's new enthusiasm for krunk (sp?) dancing. She has got some rad moves. :)
- I love it when my husband has the day off.
- I love new shampoo.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
- First thing I wrote on my to do list today was, "write to-do list".
- I base the success of my runs on how stinky I am when I get home.
- I love cream cheese so much, I have been known to lick the excess off the knife.
- I have a phobia about bugs in the sheets.
- After dropping off the girls today, I was buckling Baby Eliza into her seat and thinking about how we would turn her seat around soon .... and started crying. Right there in the First Pres. parking lot.
- I wish ... I had a fancy sewing machine.
- The pregnancies made me belly get poochy and my rear-end disappear.
Now I tag all you bloggers who say you have bloggers' block!
Dancing with the Poops "What exactly are you doing there, girls?" says Eliza.
Playing their new favorite game - "sleepover".
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Firstly (hmmm....is "firstly" a word? Maybe I should say first off or just a simple first. Why must I be so word-fancy? Now, where was I ....)
I was nominated for an award! I was nominated for an "I love your Blog Award" by my friend Julie. She's a dollface and so sweet for nominating me.
Now, I get to nominate four more! (This is sort of like a big "compliment tag".) It's difficult to just pick four, because I read every single one of the blogs on my blogroll when I get the time. Even though... I am a terrible commenter these days. Sorry, friends!
- First blog I read a lot was Sandi. Her blog is a lot of things - sometimes funny, sometimes informative ... I've even shed a tear reading it. (And I hate to cry!) It's just a pleasant little blog.
- Second one I'd like to nominate is Chandra. Our lives are totally different : she is the mother of one son - I have 3 girls; she lives right by NYC - I live in podunkville; she has good hair - you get the idea. But, despite all that, I think we might share a brain. (or at least a personality!)
- Third is my friend Andria. She posts just about every day. Sometimes it's really goofy stuff and sometimes it's calm and reflective. Just like she is. :)
- And fourth is Miss Kim. Just to read her "story" alone is worth a look at her blog. It's a good one, trust me!
And speaking of Miss Kim, mother of 3 Harrs, I won a fun game on her blog recently. It's the Pay It Forward game! The first 3 commenters on this post will receive something fun in the mail from me. Then, they will need to Pay It Forward themselves by posting and rewarding the first 3 commenters on their blogs! See, isn't that a fun little game?
Have a great day!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
- I grew up near here, so every now and then I get a "blast from the past" when people come home to visit their families. That's always fun.
- Cost of living is awesomely low. (Yet, still I fuss over finances. Don't worry, I'm turning that over to God. :) )
- We live 5 minutes (or less) from a state park.
- We are a part of an incredible church family.
- Close to both sets of grandparents in case of emergencies!
- Friends we can depend on to watch our babies in a pinch (like for haircuts, dr. appts., etc.)
- We live less than a minute from THE SONIC, kids.
- If we just have to have some city-life, Memphis is less than an hour away. However, the need for city-life is getting less and less each year.
- Nobody makes fun of you for driving a minivan, because they've probably got one, too.
- I may joke about our extra long summer, but pretty soon the leaves will be amazing, we might get some snow, and in the spring the flowers will take your breath away.
I've got some more fun blogging things to share with you, but it will have to wait until tomorrow!
Friday, September 26, 2008
- Her foot keeps growing. We received some cute pink ones at the end of August that were too small. I took her in, fit her in the shoes, and exchanged them for the new pair. One month later the new ones are too small. I can't afford to keep buying her new shoes every month.
- And, uh, she hates shoes.
Now there are small reasons like the hot weather, but really - what's the point? Most of the time she's on my hip in public. If I know she will be getting down, I'll put some shoes on her. (of course, then she just plops down on her booty and looks at me.) I just don't believe barefoot baby = negligent parent.
Just needed to get that off my chest. Stepping down from the soap-box . . .
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
- The dress I got for Maddie came in and it is twice as cute in person! Mads hardly ever gets new clothes, because a) she has cute hand-me-downs and I am way practical and b) she doesn't really care. But the mommy in me wants to make sure she gets something new every now and then. And, let's face it, I'm a sucker for chenille.
- Girls' Night Out. Needed it.
- A husband who encourages me to go to girls night out, before I strangle one of our fifty kids.
- I didn't cancel my dental appointment. I usually do (and always want to.)
- The girls are spending the night with my parents this weekend! It's called DATE NIGHT, folks.
- Got lots of errands run today.
- Sophie's new friends in her class. Today they met her at the door and grabbed her little hands and said, "c'mon, Sophie!" I don't really know why that made me feel so good. A mother worries, I guess.
- I asked Mad who she played with today and she said," I played with Paula!" It's good to know that she loves her teacher... but, um ... okay, I should be thankful that she had someone to play with and stop stressing about it.
- Finished two different Christmas dresses.
- All this sunshine has been beautiful. Wish it was cooler, but I live in the south. We have about 2 days of spring, 7-8 months of mosquitoes and then the bitter cold rain (otherwise known as the muddy jean-cuff season). Evidently we are still in summer, no matter what the calendar says.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
- Perfect running weather this morning. It was 56 degrees at 5:30 a.m. Perfect.
- Ladies class this morning!
- Met some new people at ladies' class.
- Eliza only cried for about 10 minutes when I dropped her off during ladies class today.
- And, my favorite thing, the prayer swap. This week I will be praying for Brooks; Sonya will be praying for me. Love it.
- Jeff took the girls out for a while so I could get the kitchen floor scrubbed. I would choose scrubbing the floor, you ask? As long as I can get some time alone, I don't care what I am doing. :)
- Found out a friend is expecting!
- Found some pants that actually fit Sophie at the Target. Bought 4 pairs.
- Ate fast food for lunch. And the fries were HOT. yum. Sorry if that is gross to anyone.
- I think I have made a decision who to vote for. Now I just have to register ...
Overheard from the back seat:
Eliza - "ba ba aaa dada"
Maddie - "I already know that, Eliza!"
Sunday, September 14, 2008
- I still really love the song, "Hold My Hand" by Hootie and the Blowfish. Never got tired of it.
- My handwriting is atrocious. If this was handwritten, you couldn't read it.
- None of my tupperware lids match my tupperware containers.
- I LOVE Christmas! Not the whole present thing, but the decorating and the songs and the movies and the food and the atmosphere ... We put up our tree before Thanksgiving last year.
- I think Mariah Carey is over-rated.
- I don't really have road rage, mine is more parking lot rage.
- I honestly hated SEVENTH GRADE. Pretty much every day of SEVENTH GRADE.
- I cannot pull off trends.
- Some weeks, I go to the Wal-mart everyday.
- I don't understand football at all. BUT, I like to go to games.
This will probably be our Halloween costume.