Friday, November 28, 2008

thanksgiving?

I find it ironic that Thanksgiving Day was the day I found it the hardest to be thankful.

Let me back up.

We are all packed and ready to go to Mountain View as soon as Jeff gets home from work on Wed. About 30 seconds before he walks in the door, Maddie hurls. And hurls some more. She has fever, so Jeff takes her to urgent care.

Turns out, she has an ear infection and we decide to drive to Mtn. View early in the morning.

Jeff leaves to get her medicine and about 30 seconds before he arrives home, Sophie hurls. Big time. Uh oh.

We get them settled in bed and an hour later we are changing the sheets. Put Mads in our bed and end up changing those sheets. Then we change their sheets again. Are you keeping up?

About 4:00, Sophie starts again, only now it's my turn. Now I am the sick one. There will be no trip to Mtn. View this Thanksgiving. And because we thought we would be traveling, there is no food in our house either. Thanksgiving dinner was chicken noodle soup and/or applesauce. Boo.

I feel like "The Woman Who Ruined Thanksgiving". Look for it on Lifetime sometime next year.

12 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so sorry. I'm also glad that Holly wasn't at school Tuesday. Just kiddin!!
So, she has stomach bug and ear infection?? Double ech!
Maybe Eliza and hubby will not get it.

Stacy said...

so sorry that you guys were sick on turkey day. Luke and I had a rockin' virus a few years ago on Christmas morning. He was punny, but man, it was Christmas morning so he was trying hard to be a champ. He donned his new Power Ranger costume and immediately spewed all over it! not Fun times.

Jenny said...

Is it wrong that I'm thankful that this didn't happen in my house? :) I'm so sorry that you had a terrible Thanksgiving. I suppose the bright side is that you aren't going to gain any extra holiday pounds!

Amy Barrett said...

Oh no!!! That is all I can think to say! Bless your hearts!

Redhead Rambles said...

Sorry you had such a rough day! At least it's one holiday memory you won't easily forget. :

Kelly said...

We got to enjoy our Thanksgiving Day, but then it all hit the proverbial fan that night! Brian, then my Mom, then Dawson the next day, then Owen that night and Peyton later that night. We changed countless sheets and pajamas, and even middle-of-the-night bathing! So, I commiserate with you, but I'm so sorry that it ruined your Thanksgiving!!!

Kim said...

Sorry! That should be illegal, right? It is my humble opinion mom's should never be sick. Especially at holidays.

Dallas said...

So sad for you! Hopefully Christmas will make up for Thanksgiving! Ughhh!

The Jennings said...

Hope yall feel better!

Gretchan Jennings

Crystal said...

Hey, you will look back on that and laugh. One year (I was about 10), me, my sister and my mom all had the flu over Christmas. Christmas dinner was chicken noodle soup and buttered toast! But, we all look back on it now and giggle about how bad that Christmas really was. And, (many years down the road) you and your girls will do the same about this Thanksgiving. But I bet as long as know one is sick over Christmas, you will be extra thankful and make up for Thanksgiving.

Crystal said...

LOVE your background!! Check out my updated blog when you get the chance.

Jules said...

Oh babe! I'm SO sorry. I know what a let down that stuff can be. When you have yourself in a mindset....that's just the suck. Can't be helped but that doesn't make it hurt any less. Glad/hope you guys are better!