Friday, February 29, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
- Funky Town - Lipps, Inc.
- Dance to the Music - Sly and the Family Stone
- American Girl - Tom Petty
- Son of a Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
- Driving My Life Away - Eddie Rabbitt
- Natural High - Merle Haggard
- Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain - Willie Nelson
- Jackson - Lucinda Williams
- With or Without You - U2
- First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
Isn't this fun? Now, I know you are thinking, "where's the old school Acappella? the Chris Rice? the Casting Crowns?" I hypothetically have a whole other ipod for that.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
- it was quilted by Jeff's grandma Ramsey. I LOVE anything that is homemade/handmade. She loves that we use it so much.
- Because it is a patch work quilt, the colors are kind of all over the place, so you never see the spilled paint
- it gets used for everything. We call it the "painting quilt", but it is also used for indoor/outdoor picnics and pumpkin decorating, etc.
- anticipation - when the girls see the quilt come out, they automatically think, "something fun is coming!"
- easy clean-up. Just throw it into the washing machine.
We love the painting quilt! Bonus: the more you wash it, the softer it gets! (And yes, the pictures are a re-enactment.) Hee
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
I got to talk to my old roomie on the phone today! It's been said (by me) many times that I don't make friends easily. (I make acquaintances easily, though, so I usually have someone to talk to.) But, the friends I do have, man, they are such fantastic people.
When I say friend, I mean the kind of person that you have so much to say to that you talk over each other trying to get it all out. Or, that you haven't seen in a long time and you say, "you look great!" and you absolutely mean it because just seeing them makes you feel good.
It's amazing the effect that talking to one of these gals has on me! I know I am not telling you anything that you don't already know, so... here is your challenge for today: call someone you haven't talked to in a while. Huge pick me up. You will thank me!
Monday, February 25, 2008
In honor of Eliza's 4 month birthday, here are 4 fun facts about her:
- The doctor says her eyes will stay blue. "Hooray!", say both of her blue-eyed grandpas.
- She's begun rolling. Naptimes will never be the same.
- Her thighs are bigger than Sophie's.
- She only wears jammies. She wore a dress to church once, and cried until we changed her into the spare jammies we keep in the bag. Girls - so opinionated when it comes to clothes!
In happier news, we've been fever free for almost 48 hrs! Woo to the Hoo! Thanks for the prayers and e-mails. :-)
Sunday, February 24, 2008
All those warm feelings I had while tending to my sick children have evaporated today! Today at church was our annual parent commitment ceremony and with 3 puny ones we felt that the responsible thing to do was to miss it. I feel guilty that we didn't get to share that with Eliza. Plus, I love parent commitment Sunday! I love the symbolism of commiting to raising her for the Lord and the celebrating with the other parents. (and the sickies have gone from phase one: pitiful to phase two: cranky). Serious bummage around here. So, I thought I would take my cue from Soulemama and look for 10 things that made me smile today.
- Getting to go to Hancock's and toot around all by myself
- finding this fabric : (c'mon, pink! lollipops!) bought some.
- A bird picture on Etsy
- This fabric website that has Heather Ross and Amy Butler fabric at a discount
- The cake Sophie picked out for her birthday
- Learning that I am a pirate! And my CSI character is Greg! And if I were a dog, I'd be a pug! And that I am only 91% feminine. (Don't like that one.)
- Potty training pictures courtesy of Jamie's blog (I know that they've been posted for a couple of days, but still - hysterical)
- I ate cheez-its for a snack. I love me a cheez-it!
- Watching Jeff dance :-) you gotta see it
- This scripture I found while doing my ladies' Bible study - Psalms 27:13
Slightly less bummed now.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
There will be a missing photo today, because Jeff caught me trying to put his photo on here. I think it finally dawned on him what I was doing taking his picture all day! We both have the same issue with having our picture published (actually, just having our picture taken is a nightmare.) One day I might decide to put our whole family's picture up here, maybe.
In happier news, Nana is here! And Eliza can read!