Ooooh, this is my first Works For Me Wednesday idea. I've been a little obsessed with WFMW but didn't know how to get that little buttony thing to work. Obviously, still don't. Will work on that.
Anyhoo, let me introduce to you the painting quilt. The beauty of the painting quilt is five-fold:
- it was quilted by Jeff's grandma Ramsey. I LOVE anything that is homemade/handmade. She loves that we use it so much.
- Because it is a patch work quilt, the colors are kind of all over the place, so you never see the spilled paint
- it gets used for everything. We call it the "painting quilt", but it is also used for indoor/outdoor picnics and pumpkin decorating, etc.
- anticipation - when the girls see the quilt come out, they automatically think, "something fun is coming!"
- easy clean-up. Just throw it into the washing machine.
We love the painting quilt! Bonus: the more you wash it, the softer it gets! (And yes, the pictures are a re-enactment.) Hee