Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday - painting quilt

Ooooh, this is my first Works For Me Wednesday idea. I've been a little obsessed with WFMW but didn't know how to get that little buttony thing to work. Obviously, still don't. Will work on that.


Anyhoo, let me introduce to you the painting quilt. The beauty of the painting quilt is five-fold:



  • it was quilted by Jeff's grandma Ramsey. I LOVE anything that is homemade/handmade. She loves that we use it so much.

  • Because it is a patch work quilt, the colors are kind of all over the place, so you never see the spilled paint

  • it gets used for everything. We call it the "painting quilt", but it is also used for indoor/outdoor picnics and pumpkin decorating, etc.

  • anticipation - when the girls see the quilt come out, they automatically think, "something fun is coming!"

  • easy clean-up. Just throw it into the washing machine.

We love the painting quilt! Bonus: the more you wash it, the softer it gets! (And yes, the pictures are a re-enactment.) Hee


3 comments:

Gina Savage said...

Loved chatting the other day! We don't do that enough. Gracie and Cole love to paint. I like the idea of making a theme for Wed. Have a good day!

Hugs

Sandi said...

Great idea! We have a colorful quilt that we could use in a similar way.

To do the WFMW picture, go to rocksinmydryer.typepad.com and somewhere she has an explanation of how to use it. I think that I just copied the picture onto my computer, and now each time, I just add it like I do any other picture. If you haven't already, make sure to add your name to her list with a title for your tip in parentheses.

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

You are my new favorite blogger!! I love having your blog to read every day! Thanks for being diligent with your blogging!

Jamie