All those warm feelings I had while tending to my sick children have evaporated today! Today at church was our annual parent commitment ceremony and with 3 puny ones we felt that the responsible thing to do was to miss it. I feel guilty that we didn't get to share that with Eliza. Plus, I love parent commitment Sunday! I love the symbolism of commiting to raising her for the Lord and the celebrating with the other parents. (and the sickies have gone from phase one: pitiful to phase two: cranky). Serious bummage around here. So, I thought I would take my cue from Soulemama and look for 10 things that made me smile today.
- Getting to go to Hancock's and toot around all by myself
- finding this fabric : (c'mon, pink! lollipops!) bought some.
- A bird picture on Etsy
- This fabric website that has Heather Ross and Amy Butler fabric at a discount
- The cake Sophie picked out for her birthday
- Learning that I am a pirate! And my CSI character is Greg! And if I were a dog, I'd be a pug! And that I am only 91% feminine. (Don't like that one.)
- Potty training pictures courtesy of Jamie's blog (I know that they've been posted for a couple of days, but still - hysterical)
- I ate cheez-its for a snack. I love me a cheez-it!
- Watching Jeff dance :-) you gotta see it
- This scripture I found while doing my ladies' Bible study - Psalms 27:13
Slightly less bummed now.