- The dress I got for Maddie came in and it is twice as cute in person! Mads hardly ever gets new clothes, because a) she has cute hand-me-downs and I am way practical and b) she doesn't really care. But the mommy in me wants to make sure she gets something new every now and then. And, let's face it, I'm a sucker for chenille.
- Girls' Night Out. Needed it.
- A husband who encourages me to go to girls night out, before I strangle one of our fifty kids.
- I didn't cancel my dental appointment. I usually do (and always want to.)
- The girls are spending the night with my parents this weekend! It's called DATE NIGHT, folks.
- Got lots of errands run today.
- Sophie's new friends in her class. Today they met her at the door and grabbed her little hands and said, "c'mon, Sophie!" I don't really know why that made me feel so good. A mother worries, I guess.
- I asked Mad who she played with today and she said," I played with Paula!" It's good to know that she loves her teacher... but, um ... okay, I should be thankful that she had someone to play with and stop stressing about it.
- Finished two different Christmas dresses.
- All this sunshine has been beautiful. Wish it was cooler, but I live in the south. We have about 2 days of spring, 7-8 months of mosquitoes and then the bitter cold rain (otherwise known as the muddy jean-cuff season). Evidently we are still in summer, no matter what the calendar says.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
10 Things Tuesday
Alright, peeps, I'm feeling wordy. . . Today I am thankful for: