*she was singing, "Maddie has a ball on her head".
Tuesdays are great days!
10 Things Tuesday - Mad about Maddie edition!
- I'm thankful that she looks kind of like me. After my firstborn came out an exact replica of my husband (okay ... exact replica is stretching it. More like "feminized version"), it was kind of fun when she resembled me just a little. :-)
- Every time I put something in the cart today, she said, "Thank you, Mommy!" like I was giving her little presents. She got lots of laughs and no evil glares in the store. Hallelujah!
- We enjoyed one of our favorite meals for our weekly lunch date - fritos (with a little chili).
- She sings all day long. With every song on the radio in the car. While she plays in the house. I love this, because I love to sing, too. Do you recognize what she's singing in this picture? Here's a hint: think Laurie Berkner*.
- She poo-poo-ed in the potty on Sunday! It was a fluke, but you would have thought she'd just won the Super Bowl by the way we were dancing around while Mads was chanting "I did it!" over and over.
- Her hair has finally grown out of that awkward hair phase that all little girls go through. It looks really sweet in pigtails now. (Or, "dog-ears" as my dad refers to them.)
- She loves her Sunday School teachers. When we get within sight of our church building, she shrieks, "There's my church!" (Yes, I know, "you don't go to church, you are the church". Don't judge her, she's only two.)
- She let's me pick out her clothes. She usually has a "shoe opinion", though. Hence the bazillion photos of her wearing those rain boots ...
- She's never really suffered from the dreaded separation anxiety. She's not very outgoing, so I'm proud of her for being brave in this area.
- Her laugh. It's definitely not a sweet little giggle. It's a big old belly laugh. Hands down the best laugh in the house.