Monday, April 7, 2008

BFF's

Bill and Dan, doing the required cheek to cheek pose.


Today, the girls and I traveled to Rector to see my best friend, Billie Jean. She lives in Georgia, now, but was in Ark. for a visit. I love her so much.





It's funny, we are so very different. She's a fashionista; I can barely get dressed. She's super athletic; have I mentioned I am the slowest in my running class? She's outgoing; I am shy ... ish. Shall I go on?





Of course, we aren't polar opposites. We have an identical sense of humor. We both love our stay-at-home-mom lives. We both have bunches of girls. :-) But overall, you'd probably look at us and say how did they even get to be friends? The answer is: our mom's were pregnant friends. We were born 12 days apart. We celebrated birthdays together. Our parents were around each other all our lives, therefore we were.





But there's more to it. Something made us stay close when our paths diverged. Different colleges. Different states. (Oddly enough, she's the one who didn't go to Harding, but she was the one who married a Harding grad.) There's something about her that feels like family. You don't have to be similar to family to love them. It's just comfortable. Eden (her oldest) always asks, "are they our cousins?" We laugh, and tell her that we kind of are.






Here are Eden, Sophie, and Lily when we first arrived. The Brister girls make the Ramsey girls look like albinos. With brown hair.


For some reason, Maddie wanted Eden to carry her around everywhere. Fortunately, Eden wanted to carry Maddie. Win, win.



Safe travels. Hope to see you soon!

1 comment:

Liz Harrell said...

What beautiful girls! And beautiful names!