I've been thinking about how fast parenthood seems to go. I look at my babies, (and my oldest turns 4 on the 28th, I've got to stop calling her my baby) and there are certain things I want for them in this world.
I hope ...
- That they will learn from me about God's love, but at some point they will find it on their own.
- Their baptisms are a symbol of their commitment to Christ and not a reaction to peer pressure (however positive it may be).
- They will be kind, not just nice. True kindness is never insincere.
- That they will be well liked for the right reasons.
- They will play sports. Any kind. I was in junior high before I realized I was not an athlete. That means I had at least 6 or 7 years prior to that of playing simply for the joy of it. I hope they have even more!
- They will be tall! But, that's kind of superficial. :-)
- They go to Harding. I'm just being honest, here.
- They find something they love to do for a living.
- They find something they love to do just for funsies.
- They will always be the best of friends.
- They are never afraid to talk to me or their Daddy. And that we will always be a source of comfort for them in this world.
- They marry someone who lets them be who they are.
- They become mothers. And then they will understand.