We'll call it Reality Check or Parenthood Refresher or Get Over Yourself This Used to be You. These challenges are designed to give them a little reminder of the fact that it's not always snuggles and laughter. It's 13 Thursday so ...
- For the first challenge, everywhere they go, someone will touch them on their stomach. Ideally on the fattest day of their entire life. They must smile and act like they enjoy it.
- Next, they must write a 10,ooo word essay defending the name they have chosen for their unborn child.
- Now the real fun begins. They will be timed on their ability to correctly install, then uninstall, then install again a 5 point harness car seat.
- They must cross a busy parking lot with at least one more child than they have hands.
- Buy groceries for a family of 5 with 3 kids taking up all the room in the cart.
- Stop a public toddler tantrum without using bribery or a muzzle. (There's a twist here. If they spank, someone calls DCFS and they go to jail!)
- They must sweep the floor, fold a load of clothes, and cook dinner .... with a baby on their hip.
- Navigate a minivan thru an obstacle course all the while reaching back to pass out snacks and retrieve dropped items.
- Accomplish 200 random errands (such as getting van estimates all over town) while the kids are in Mother's Day Out. With a very tired baby.
- Keep the kids boo-boo free for the two weeks leading up to professional photo appointment.
- Take a shower every morning.
- Take all 3 children (hypothetically) with them to get well baby shots.
- Keep a perfect house.
That ought to do it. And if it doesn't, we'll have them do it in the rain. :-) (sorry, I guess I'm kind of bitter today ...)