Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Circus Rocks!

Just got back from the old Greatest Show on Earth. (Well, phase one of the Ramseys came home. Jeff and the older two stayed for the whole she-bang. (she-bang) ) I guess I am officially Super-Dork, because I loved it!

I remember going to see it in Memphis when I was a kid. You know, back in the day when they actually had 3 rings in a "3 ring circus". My favorite thing then was still my favorite thing tonight - the rope acrobats. Sorry, I have no pictures but you know what I am talking about. The ladies that do flips and twirls up in the air with nothing but a rope. When I was a child, I loved it because I thought I could probably do it. (?!?) Obviously ... I was delusional. Still, now that I have an appreciation for what they are actually doing, I think I enjoyed it even more. (see? Super-dork.)

There were some slow times. They had this dude with a bad french accent (Sandi, it was probably your Sonic guy :) ) and it was kind of boring. The jugglers were fantastic, I thought. And elephants! And white tigers! The tight-rope walkers were cool, too. They did some trick where the girl did a hand stand that looked very difficult. They really should have had a trapeze artist or two, in my opinion. Oh, have I not introduced myself? Danna Ramsey, Circus Critic.

I'm so glad we went. The girls alternately were asking for every little souvenir that passed by and glued to the action. They did think the weeny dogs were pretty entertaining. Eliza liked all the music. :-)

And that concludes my essay on the circus.

A story for Auntie:

On the way there, we were talking about what we would see.

There will be elephants! I say

Yay! say the girls

Tigers!

Yay!

Acrobats!

silence. Then, Oh, you mean razorbats. Yay!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

That's hilarious about the circus critic thing. And yes, please do add me to your blog roll -- I would be honored. :)

Amy Griffin said...

I love the circus too. We always do the smaller Shriner Circus here but I love the "big one" too!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to the circus in a hundred years--now I'm going to be scouring the pages of our paper to find one, sounds like fun! I remember I used to always want those monkey puppets--the souvenirs can break ya!

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Oh, I have NEVER been to the circus! You and Jenny always are in the know about happenings in Jonesboro. Your new ground is pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love my beautiful neices...and their stories. Tell me you got them some glo in the dark spinning things...you can't circus it right without glo on the dark spinning things. Give hugs from Antie.

p.s. I like Razorbats too.

Creekmore's said...

It's so funny you thought the French guy was boring, that was my favorite party. LOL I thought he was amazing on that bike!