I'll admit it - I'm a sucker for a kind word. And Dallas is doing the most amazing thing this week. She's going down her blog roll and introducing each one to her readers. But, the coolest thing is how she's taking the time to be specific and complimentary to each one. What a great praise to our Lord to affirm His created in this way!
I've decided to do something similar with my thankful list this week. And yes, I am totally and completely copying. I will admit to that, too. I have never been a creative thinker. :)
10 People I am thankful for!
- Alissa - I am thankful that we directed Student Impact at Harding together. We were very different, but in a great way. That was a fun summer! Glad we've reconnected, my friend. (Oh, and she let me drive her beloved car, Little MO. :) )
- Amanda - I am thankful that I met her through blogging. I say "met", but we actually have never met face to face. However, the way she writes makes me feel like I know her well! She has an adorable daughter and is a really fantastic mommy.
- Amy Baker - Someday, I'll write a post on how every time I meet an "Amy", I end up loving her. I am thankful for Amy Baker because nothing seems to faze her. She's an inspiration to all of us parents out there in the way she calmly handles anything the world gives her and turns it into blessings. Andrew chose well!
- Amy Barrett - I am thankful that Amy and I clicked instantly as friends. From that moment on, we've decided to lead almost identical lives! There's no worrying when we go somewhere about what my girls are wearing, because the Barrett girls will be just as fancy. Especially the baby, Ella! Love you, Barrett!
- Amy Griffin - I am thankful that Amy transferred to Harding our sophomore year. From our first meeting, I was laughing every time I was with her. She also has one of the sweetest hearts. See her post about the yard babies.
- Amy Shumate - I am thankful that she is my friend and has found something that she is ridiculously good at. We went through a hard time together, and I'm thankful we had each other at that time. Amy is the most genuine person I know. Everything she says rings completely true.
- Andria - I am thankful that Andria and I are friends after all this time. It takes a special connection to be able to maintain a relationship that long and I credit her. She has lived the fun and adventurous life that most of us fantasize about. Memphis may not be as exciting as New York or L.A., but I am glad she is back in the area.
- Ashleigh - I am thankful for Ashleigh's loyalty to her friends. She's a running buddy to me, a shopping buddy to Jamie, pretty much some sort of "buddy" to everyone she comes into contact with. I am also thankful that she did my make-up and removed the axle grease from my veil on my wedding day. :)
- Carrie - I am thankful for Carrie's devotion. She is devoted to her husband and adorable boys. It is so clear in her writing. She also has set up a blog Bible study. I admire her so much for working on that. It takes a lot of effort to type out those scriptures each week. She is very aware of how much God has blessed her.
- Chad and Marti Jo - I am thankful that they have found each other. They were each our friends before they were married and it's fun to do things together as couples now. We don't get to as much as we would like (because of all the little princesses), but now that they are expecting their first little princess, maybe they will slow down and we will get to see them more often!
Woo-hoo! Thank you, Lord, for each of these people. They have blessed my life in so many different ways!
I'll be doing this all week!