Monday, July 21, 2008

Walkin' down that memory lane

Firstly, I feel I should respond to a few of the comments from the previous post:
to all of you who have lived with me at various times - I'm sorry! I didn't realize I was so obnoxious with my ABBA-love

Dallas - why, oh why, didn't I think of that!!!!!!

Chandra - don't tease me, girl


Now, Stacy chose senior pictures as the "getting to know you" topic for last week . I'm trying, Stac, I really am. Problem is, I didn't have senior pictures made. All I had was the composite that they made us take. Can't find any of those. I HATE having my picture taken. (Have I mentioned that before?) Anyways, I have enlisted the help of my mother to help locate some senior photos at her house. We'll see if any turn up.


I DID, however, find some photos that I wanted to share. Since, you know, we are all feelin' nostalgic and such.
This one is the closest I found to my senior year. It was actually taken my first semester at Harding. That's my friend Brad. We had just gone to his BC function the night before dressed as David and Goliath. (Brad's, like, 7 ft tall) Just want to say a quick apology for the white socks. Also, brown lipstick was very in in the mid 90's.

Next, a photo of someone I was a senior with, even though the picture was taken in college. That's for you, Barrett.And now ..... a jersey picture. Also, I have the biggest teeth in the world.This picture has nothing to do with high school or college, but it's one of my favorites. I'd just had Eliza, (ignore the jammies and face and hair) and had all my girls in the bed with me. I was feeling so blessed and emotional and then it hit me - I only have two arms! How do I hold them all? It worked out. Also, Mads looks like Eddie Munster.And this one is because I just feel like humiliating myself. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out less than a month after Eliza was born. Jeff decided we needed to capture this moment. Fortunately for him, I was still a little drugged up at the time. I'm sure he was thinking, "Woo! What a hottie I ended up with!"

11 comments:

Sandi said...

What's a BC function? Gotta love Brad E.

Love the pictures.

Redhead Rambles said...

I totally remember that blue shirt you're wearing in the first photo.

Heather said...

Your hair looks similiar to Crystal's....scary, but popular at the time..I'm sure.

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Yes, Andi, I remember the blue shirt too!

Stacy said...

Lovin' the white athletic socks with the Dexters... so stylin'. Don't feel badly about not posting Sr. Pics... I haven't posted mine either... Heather has posted one of me... but I haven't! Ouch about the third molar extraction... I had mine cut out and I would have gladly gone up to the hospital and given birth to triplets for someone in exchange for the pain I was in...

Trisha said...

Woo-hoo Chio's!

And you so do not have big teeth!

Amy Griffin said...

LOVE the pictures!!

Amy Barrett said...

woo hoo! Thanks for the pic! He looks the same as the last time I remember seeing him, which was probably 5-7 years before this pictures was taken, if not more.

You were beautiful - still are! And obviously brave to put the wisdom teeth photo on there. You don't see pics like that in dentists offices! ha.

Love the pictures!

Liz Harrell said...

Dont feel bad about that last photo. I had all of mine out last year, and although there was no photo do document it... I did manage to call several friends (while on the after affects of my pain medication) and 'drunk dail' their voice mails. My best friend's husband saved it and played it for the longest time around me. Totally. Horrified.

That is just the sweetest picture of you and your girls.

Anonymous said...

I was not teasing! Ugh, I need to have my wisdom teeth out, but I keep putting it off because I have dentist-phobia. Plus, you didn't look like you felt all too pleasant in that last picture...

Kristen OQ said...

I love that posted a picture and talked about going to a BC function. I think I went my freshman year too -- maybe with Eddie Koehler or David Rampey. I also think my costume had some sort of green towel and gold sequins...might have to look for that pic!

Do you still keep up with Big Brad? He is still funny as ever...