Life has been something around here lately. Here are the things I want to remember:
- Early Friday morning, I am awakened to the sound of Maddie yelling, "IT'S PARTY TIME!" (don't ask me why) I walk in to see her and this is what I find: The picture really doesn't do it justice, because it's cropped. Because the hat was the only thing she was wearing. That's right folks, evidently "party time" means wearing a princess hat and going starkers everywhere else. Must have been some party ...
- Uncle Danny was here!!!!! They stopped by en route to London. The girls LOVE IT when they get to see Uncle Danny. I love to see him, too, but he's kind of a goober.
- We drove by our beloved Optimist Park today and it was gone! The trees were gone and all of the old, scary, someone's-going-to-get-tetanus-or-worse playground equipment had disappeared! In it's place was a bunch of tilled up dirt. Sophie says, "oh good. Now they are going to plant some seeds and grow some good playgrounds." Let's hope so.
- Speaking of Sophie pants, she had her big debut singing "Tomorrow" with the Horizon alumni kids. (Each year they do an alumni concert to benefit a CRA family dealing with grief or illness. It began 3 years ago when my mom was diagnosed. It's always big fun, like a reunion, only better because it's more than one class that comes back.) She did good! Of course I didn't get any photos of this because my camera was being pre-menstrual. Maybe someone else did and I can get one of those.
- Got to see Andria! I just love her.