My first excuse is that now that my pleater is in, I have been playing major catch-up on sewing and smocking.
My second excuse is that we got a new computer (finally!) and it's been a booger for me to learn how to use.
It's a laptop and for some reason, I can't seem to be able to use that little touch pad/mouse thingie. Jeff, out of devotion (and okay, probably a little bit out of frustration), went to the Wal-mart and got a wireless keyboard and normal mouse for me to use. Woo hoo! I don't like keeping up with the times. I was sad to see our big old monitor go, but I was really attached to the old school mouse.
We went to the Alyssa Edens/Randall Baber wedding last night. I love weddings! (side note: Sophie thinks weddings are shows about a princess named Mary. Even though she knows Alyssa, she called her Mary all night.) Got me to reminiscing again. Here we go ...
Stuff I remember about my wedding:
- shut my veil in the car door and got grease all over it. Meta Winters miraculously got it out. Bothered everyone but me.
- Had my hair "done", came home and brushed it all out. I just felt silly with fixed hair.
- Don't remember much about the wedding. I thought I remembered Jeff tearing up, but then one day about 6 months into marriage he informed me that he didn't cry at all. Of course, I immediately start bawling and refuse to talk to him for a few hours (or days, who knows). He now says that he cried through the whole thing. :)
- All we had packed were "Jamaica clothes", so after we left the wedding , we went to the Wal-mart and got sweatshirts to wear to the airport. Our one matching experience and we wasted it on gray sweatshirts...
- I'd left my shoes at Ashleigh's house, so in most of the wedding pictures, I'm wearing my mom's shoes.
- Dreaded the "you may now kiss the bride" part. Jeff and I both loathe pda.