Wednesday, November 4, 2009

the Oak Ridge Boys (and 9 other things to be thankful for)

Things I am thankful for this week:




  1. Craighead Forest Rotary Park. And the fact that for the first time ever, I did not have to hold a baby or keep a toddler from running toward the lake. My youngest played just as hard as the big kids! Go Miss Eliza Pants!

  2. I get to see the Oak Ridge Boys in two days. Sing it with me now, "El-vi-ra! a oom boppa mow mow..."

  3. I am slowly making my way through the Christmas shopping list. This is good because I usually do not begin until after Thanksgiving. That's much harder on the old budget, you know.

  4. Talked to an old classmate today!!!!!!! I love her.

  5. The kids were really good during puppets tonight at church. Love little kid enthusiasm.

  6. FRIED CHICKEN for supper tonight, folks.

  7. Friends who are full of encouragement.

  8. A wonderful quick weight-loss plan for my upcoming reunion : starving myself! just kidding

  9. be-yoo-ti-ful weather!!!!!!

  10. Halloween is over, dudes!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I L-O-V-E the Oak Ridge Boys!! I'm convinced they helped raise me.

"My baby is American-made, born and bred in the USA..."

ashleigh said...

that album cover kills me. it's like 3 good-timin' 80's dudes...and some burly mountain man that just hopped in the picture. i will be interested in hearing how the ORB have aged. i want a full concert report.

ps. still cannot listen to "thank God for kids" without tearing up.

Heather said...

I just have to say that I am a cousin to the songwriter responsible for one of the greatest hits of the OAK RIDGE BOYS. Heard a little tune like b-b-bba---bobby sue?? Yes, Wood Newton is my mother's cousin.