Yes, it's the best invention of all time.
This year Sophie and Eva Grace Barrett held their "friend party" together.
Here's what made it great (oooh, I feel a list coming on!):
- shared expenses. It's ridiculous how much b-days cost. (Birthdays? More like broke-days. heh heh)
- shared duties. Sometimes it's not how much you are spending, but how much you have to do that's overwhelming. (check out these awesome party gifts Barrett made!)
- Someone to reign you in. For example, in the beginning stages of the party we were going to take all the girls to get mani-pedis and then meet up with the boys out at the park. Yes, we were seriously planning a "2 location party" for a bunch of 4 and5 year olds. D-U-M-B.
- Someone to reign your child in. Anybody else have a child who changes their mind about their party every other day leading up to it? Now you have an excuse to stick to a plan.
- And of course, the memories. Sharing an event with someone helps you remember it.
Of course, I did forget my camera and the candles (so they just kind of blew on the cake) but, really, that was to be expected.
Daddies grilled, kids played, mommies chatted. Super fun.